Friday, November 21, 2008

Storytime!

Got a call from my Dad the other day, just to tell me this story;

While at a Newspaper-ish meeting my dad was talking to a lady who said to him,
"I have a confession to make, years ago, I was a substitute teacher at Flagstaff High school, and your son was in my class. I had to send him to the principals office because he was shining a laser in my eye."
My dad kinda laughed because of course he remembered me getting suspended for that, and subsequently starting a new school.
then she asked my dad what I was doing now....

"Well..... He shines lasers in peoples eyes for a living."

7 comments:

Meredith said...

This is probably one of the funniest things that I've heard in a long time. I can't imagine what that lady's response was or what went through her head! Maybe if she ever substitutes again, she'll think twice about what she sends kids to the office for....she may be hindering the training for her students' future careers!

Chrystal said...

I LOVE your dad! What was it with you and lasers and those little bb's? I'm sure the bb's will play into the future again somehow-the'll probably end up being some sort of power source for something.

Christine said...

That is hilarious!!

Jen-ben said...

LOL That is so CLASSIC!

MoM K said...

That cracked me up so much when Dad told me about that conversation! And of course he did explain exactly what you do for a living. She was impressed and thought it was funny too.
I KNEW you would think this was funny. When I told Dad I thought we should post it he worried that you wouldn't want people to know... know what? that you did something naughty while you were in high school?????????????????

Bryce & Cherise said...

thats so funny! dad is hilarious

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.