Friday, October 10, 2008

New toy!

My sister Jana has an old dell that she is getting rid of. So I had her send it to me and ill get it tomorrow!!
I have this massive pile of hard drives, graphic cards and other stuff that I cant use because I dont have a tower to put it all in. I didnt want to spend much money at all on an computer because its just going to be for fun.
I plan on using it to play this game ive always wanted, Portal. The game is based on the Half life 2 engine, and was created by a group at MIT just for fun. and back when they created it they released a beta version to a few people and it leaked out and i got my hands on a copy. It was the most amazing game i'd ever played, and im not a gamer. It was really buggy, and crashed constantly, but it was a blast when it worked.
I wanted to get it when it came out, but i wasnt going to spend the 500 to build the system I need to play. so i waited.

Ill take some pics of the modifications I make to the Dell im going to name "Yana".

Im so EXCITED!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, I really didn't know it was THAT big of a deal! And all I can say is....UBER...GEEK!

Jana said...

Oh, I feel so GUILTY that I didn't send it today! But I'll try to tomorrow. Sorry fella. I hope you still name it Yana because that would be hilarious. And when it acts up, you can call it a hussy.

Christine said...

Har har, you're naming it yana!